An action packed day out when looking for things to do in Fife…
Are you planning your holidays in Fife? Are you looking for things to do in Fife while you are here? If so then read on to hear our account of an action-packed trip to the May Island, situated in the Firth of Forth just off the Fife Coast.
The Osprey rib (Rigid Hulled Inflatables or RHIBs) are extremely safe, very stable and ideal for the 20-25 minute trip to the island. The ticket office can be found at the Middle Pier in Anstruther opposite the Anstruther Lifeboat station. (Post code for directions is KY10 3AB).
Be sure to check out their daily timetable so you can plan and prepare for a wonderful day out.
What to expect on this exhilarating trip…
Roy the skipper of the Rib was a mine of information about the history of the May Isle and the wildlife it is famous for. The trip was an exhilarating way to see around the whole island and the 2.5 hours on the island was filled with much to see. The highlights included:
- seeing the puffins flying overhead with fish to feed their young,
- enjoying the views while eating a lovely picnic
- exploring the island and its heritage
- the seals popping their heads above the water to shyly watch us creep by,
- 3 porpoises gracefully leaping above the waves beside the boat
- Releasing a puffling into the water on the way home. Pufflings( young Puffins) at this time of year leave their burrows in the dead of night to avoid the marauding gulls and leap of the cliffs to the sea below. They then stay on the sea for 3 years when they then come back and rear some young. What a treat that was!
Looking for somewhere to stay?
This trip is just one of the many superb days out in Fife that you can expect to enjoy on your visit to this fabulous Kingdom. For a superb place to stay to base yourself while exploring all the wonderful things to do in Fife, book a touring pitch at Silverdyke Caravan Park near St Andrews, or why not investigate buying a holiday home (static caravan) and start the adventure of life time? To find out more contact us on 01333 313 098 or email us here. We would be delighted to hear from you and tell you more about our amazing day out!